04 January 2010

Box Project 001: Inspiration & Conception.

Okay. So I've been meaning to post about this for a while now.  Somehow, I stumbled upon across Jake Lodwick's (one of the co-creators of Vimeo) tumblr blog a few months ago and read a series of posts he dedicated to what he calls Standards. It was a so-called "self-management experiment" over the course of a few weeks in which he tracked his daily activities and, using time-management tools and some self-discipline, changed his habits and made his routine more efficient, productive and ultimately rewarding.

I found the blog entries fairly interesting reading, enough to want to explore this myself. However, I wanted to wait until the new year to begin formulating some kind of plan to adhere to -- basically New Year's Resolutions tracked on an Excel spreadsheet and some online time-management websites. True to form, however, I hadn't gotten around to actually doing anything about it. Hence I had to get off my ass and get started by at least posting about it.

Lame, I know, but you know what they say: A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step -- or something like that. But yes, I've begun to swirl the concept around a bit more, and will come back in the upcoming days with something a little more concrete than "just thinking about doing it."


This coincides well with the fact that my final school semester is starting in about a week and a half, so that's a pretty good deadline to have if I'm going to set some time-management goals up. Box Project will be the tentative name for my experiment, as I'm going to attempt to "box" my activities into neat bundles, organized into coherent schedules that will hopefully improve my life.

Whew. Let's do it.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment