05 August 2010

On Your Mark.

This Sunday I'll be running in the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure 5K here in Kansas City. I've been training for it for a few weeks now and I'm ready to rock. Plus having run last year, I know what to expect regarding terrain, obstacles and duration. So yesterday after work, I picked up my race shirt and number at Dick's, along with some free coupons for shoes and athletic apparel (which I will probably end up using, as I need new workout clothes).


2010 T-Shirt Logo

So now that I have my race gear, it's official! I'm excited to participate again. I'm really looking forward to re-experiencing the joyous energy that pervaded downtown Kansas City last year during and after the run. I'm also extra-glad we'll be running at 7 in the morning, while the temperature will hopefully still be in the low 80s! I've been accustomed to training in 90+ degree weather during my afternoon runs, so maybe the cooler temps will give me an additional boost.

I'll be running this afternoon one last time, then switching to mornings tomorrow and Saturday to acclimate myself to the change before the actual event on Sunday. I fully expect to have a great time! Wish me luck!

1 comment(s):

Unknown said...

I made a mixtape called "on your mark" http://mee.bo/hiABt9

Post a Comment