02 March 2010

Heartfelt.

Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas.
- Blaise Pascal
Or, "the heart has its reasons that reason cannot know." This is one of the most personally significant statements I've ever read, so much so that I use it as my "bio" or signature on several of my Web accounts ...

... Which leads me to write just a quick thought about the abrupt shift in tone in the blog with my previous entry. Most of the things I write here on Perpetual Mixtape do little more than scratch the surface of what's really going on deeper inside my head. Sure you'll find the occasional rant about some pressing personal issue or problem in my life, but I haven't really bared my soul like that before.

I don't know -- on one hand, it is a small burden off my shoulders to be free to write what I'm actually feeling (one of my major challenges has been to improve my verbal communication to match the dexterity of my written). Having a journal, public or otherwise, has proven to be therapeutic for me; it helps when I'm able to actually see what I'm trying to get across. On the other hand, I'm not really used to writing so frankly and sincerely -- and from a point of vulnerability -- for however many readers are out there. That said, it's almost uncomfortable for me to re-read "Happily Ever After" but I'm reassured by the fact that I wrote it with a clear mind and purpose.

Let me think on it for a while.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment