02 June 2010

Let's Do This!

For those needing a shot of motivation about improving their level of physical fitness, here's a very relevant quote I gleaned from a discussion board I participate in:
If things went all medieval and you had to fight a fit guy like me over your girl, I'd ravage your ass and take her. You okay with that?

When your girl is out with her friends, she's checkin' me out because I've worked to improve my appearance and it shows. You okay with that?

You think you're safe out here in this world? You think it's okay to be this unfit, lazy little monger? You know you're not safe in your job, I'm sure. Every day you go above and beyond to make sure that the cutthroat guillotine of labor supply doesn't mutilate you into an unrecognizable, unemployed piece of shit. Why do you think it's different with your fitness?

How'd you get to where you are? People look at you and laugh. People use you as a benchmark to change their own habits. You okay with that?

Let's get it poppin', kid. No relapses. It's kill or be killed out here; it always has been. Sure, we changed the rules a little and added out own little trifling sense of justice and morality. But nothing's really changed.

Don't be one of these assholes making pathetic reoccurring attempts to change their lifestyle. Don't whine about it. You've got self-discipline and nothing else in this life. You've got one try; to fail once is to fail every time. In six months, you're either going to be a pathetic, guilt-ridden failure, or a fucking tribute to human will. Your bitch of a mother-in-law will make comments like "I can't believe it ..." Your girl will get nervous about how much you can accomplish just by setting your mind to it and start asking you to tell her she's good enough for you. Assholes who taunted you will have nothing -- nothing -- to say. You did something they either simply couldn't even begin, or tried to do and failed miserably.

And then when my girl is out with her friends, she'll be checking you out, motherfucker. Let's do this.
Boom.

I'm extremely motivated to get fitter -- food-wise, I've been reading diet/lifestyle articles, paying lots of attention to nutritional data, recording and tracking calories, and most importantly, regulating what I actually eat. Amazingly, I look forward to the daily pain that is P90X and I'm pretty excited about the changes I'm seeing. Since I'm on my final four weeks, I've started to plan my next workout regimen.

I have goals, dammit.

Obviously, so much of this motivation comes down to mindset. I've found the following phrase helpful:


my motivational poster

Because sometimes it just needs to be said. No more excuses. See you at the top.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment