07 July 2010

Back To The Future.

Artist Alex Varanese has apparently figured out the formula for combining modern technology with retro advertising design aesthetics. The result is ART/1977: We Are Not Time Travelers, a series of concept posters that are, in my humble opinion, seriously beyond cool. Varanese "re-imagin[ed] four common products from 2010 as if they were designed in 1977: an mp3 player, a laptop, a mobile phone and a handheld video game system. I then created a series of fictitious but stylistically accurate print ads to market them."


Microcade 3000


Pocket Hi-Fi


MobileVoxx

Ridiculously awesome. I even love the 70s color scheme (in the ads, anyway).

Looking at these makes me want to put Tron back on the Netflix queue and look for used Atari 2600 games on eBay. I know I just talked about not buying non-essential things in a recent post, but if these things actually existed, I'd be hard-pressed not to want them in my greedy little hands.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment